Fan blade arms wear down, break, snap and fall apart over time. Whether you have a Hunter ceiling fan or some other brand, this happens to many ceiling fans. Replacing the fan blade arms helps keep your fan balanced properly without having to purchase a new fan. When you purchase a set of arms, it will come with five – so you have everything you need to install onto your ceiling fan.
When do I need a replacement Hunter blade arm?
Replacement blade arms are sometimes needed if you have a warped blade or broken blade, and you don’t replace it for a long period of time. If you let a warped or broken blade continue to operate over time, you’ll find that eventually the blade arm can snap, or also become warped. It may be a slow or gradual process, but it’s easy to spot when the fan is turning. If you can see that some of the blades or blade arms aren’t matching up, that’s another indication of a problem. Blades themselves become warped over time due to wear and tear, but mostly due to poor maintenance. Believe it or not, dust buildup on top of the fan blades can eventually lead to warped blades if the blades are not cleaned often enough.
Here are the different Hunter ceiling fan blade arms that you will find today:
What are these? These are the different kinds of Hunter ceiling fan blade arms you will find available. It depends on the kind of Hunter fan that you have. You can consult the manual that came with your fan to determine the arm that you require.
42-Inch White Replacement Ceiling Fan Blade Arms
Fan wobbling can lead to motor wear and tear, significantly diminishing the fan’s lifespan. Each set of 5 meticulously matched Precision Fan Blade Arms ensures accurate weight distribution, elevating your Ceiling Fan’s performance by eliminating the issue of unbalanced blade arms. The Ceiling Fan Blade Arms feature a sleek white finish.
This light tone is guaranteed to harmonize with any decor and seamlessly complements the majority of fans with a light-colored finish, not only imparting simplicity but also enhancing aesthetic appeal. These replacement fan blades are well-matched with most 42-inch fans. The arms are meticulously designed, considering the width of fan blade outer holes, outer hole to center hole width, and fan motor holes. The inclusive mounting hardware ensures a hassle-free installation experience, eliminating the need for a trip to the hardware store.
Blade Arm Installation
The strategically positioned holes effortlessly align with the fan blades and fan, facilitated by the lightweight design of the arms. Their ease of handling and assembly streamlines the fan-to-blade connection. Detailed installation instructions accompany the arms, ensuring a trouble-free installation process.
- New Ceiling Fan Blade Arms
- Mounting Hardware (Included)
- Voltage Tester
- Wire Strippers
- Power Off:
- Turn off the power to the ceiling fan at the circuit breaker to ensure safety during installation.
- Use a voltage tester to verify that the power is indeed off before proceeding.
- Remove Existing Blade Arms:
- Ascend a stable ladder to access the ceiling fan.
- Using a screwdriver, carefully detach the existing blade arms from the fan motor.
- Keep track of any screws or nuts removed for potential reuse.
- Prepare New Blade Arms:
- Unpack the new ceiling fan blade arms and inspect for any visible defects.
- Align the holes in the new blade arms with the corresponding holes in the fan motor.
- Securely fasten the new blade arms to the fan motor using the provided mounting hardware.
- Ensure that the arms are evenly spaced for balanced performance.
- Tighten the screws or nuts firmly but avoid over-tightening to prevent damage.
- Wire Connection (if applicable):
- If the ceiling fan has a light kit, reconnect the wiring to the corresponding terminals on the new blade arms.
- Use wire strippers and pliers to ensure secure connections.
- To optimize performance and reduce wobbling, check that the blade arms are of equal weight.
- Adjust as necessary, adding small weights if provided or needed.
- Turn the power back on at the circuit breaker.
- Switch on the ceiling fan to verify that it operates smoothly without any unusual sounds or vibrations.
- Final Check:
- Conduct a visual inspection to confirm that the blade arms are securely attached.
- Ensure that the blades are properly aligned and do not interfere with any surrounding objects.
- Retain the installation instructions and any relevant documentation for future reference.